Wednesday, August 31, 2016

It Will Happen...



Yesterday, when I went to pick up Grant from band practice, I decided to get out of the car and hang out with a couple of other Moms while I waited. I have to admit that my shy nature made me hesitate at first. To tell you the truth, I even considered parking somewhere else so they wouldn’t see me…but I braved it and I parked right by them and gathered the inner courage to join them.

Anyway, I digress…

The thing is that I came in as they were talking about something, not sure what, but it had to do with another Mom being worried and nervous about allowing her son to enlist in the military. The one Mom said something like: “…but, what if something happens…” The other one replied, “it will happen…”

Our silent nods acknowledged the truth in that statement.

The conversation moved to other topics, but that tidbit stuck with me. This morning I woke up still thinking about it. How profoundly right that Mom was…the fact that if something is meant to happen it will happen regardless of our efforts is one of those things that have to do directly with God’s sovereignty. The fact that the Mom who said that is in the middle of dealing with enormously grave circumstances made the affirmation even more poignant.

I’m one of those people who always worries about the “what ifs” and the “worst-case-scenarios.” I’m weak like that. I panic easily. I fall into the pit of fear at the slightest stumble. My weakness, however, draws me closer to Christ. In my weakness, I recognize I cannot do this life-thing alone. As I, once again, feel the chill of fright climb up my spine, I realize, once again, I am nothing without My Lord. In my weakness I’m learning the lesson and discovering the truth that if it has to happen, “it will happen…” and He WILL take care of it. He will hold my hand through it. He will make sure I make it to where I am supposed to go.

The more I think about it, the happier I am that I decided to get out of the car and hang out with the other Band Moms. I’m not going to be ashamed of my weakness. I’m going to pray that the Holy Spirit helps me use it to walk ever closer to My Jesus, in whose Power and Strength I can do all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.