Monday, March 6, 2017

Lord, Increase my Faith



38 Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. 39 “Take away the stone,” he said.

“But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.”

40 Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” 
John 11: 38-40

This segment of the whole story of Mary and Martha and their interactions with Jesus really speaks to me. I mean, really! I imagine Jesus standing there, in front of the tomb in all His might. He Commands the stone to be taken away with all authority in His voice. Remember, Jesus is the Word! He is the Word that creates. He is the Word that when spoken, the world and the universe are set into motion.

John 1:3

All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.




Colossians 1:16

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.




1 Corinthians 8:6

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.




John 1:10

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.


And there is Martha…Martha, Martha…reverting back into her default:

“But, Lord,” said Martha, the sister of the dead man, “by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days.”

Martha’s practical mind interferes with her faith. It is hard for her to separate the material world from the forces and powers of the spiritual realm…even when the King above all Kings of all that is visible and invisible is standing right in front of her.

What is it going to take for Martha to just be quiet, trust and have unshakable faith?

Lord, what is it going to take for me to be quiet, trust and have unshakable faith?

I want to be still and let you be God…but I so often fail…

I know it all in my head. But I need the Holy Spirit to convince my soul that regardless of whatever may happen with my circumstances, You will take care of me. I need the Holy Spirit to remind me over and over again, what You have already told me a thousand times:

“Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?”


Lord, increase my faith and rid me of my unbelieve so I can see Your Glory, the Glory of the One and Only, my Lord, Jesus the Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.