Thursday, April 6, 2017

On the Road Again



I have crossed the threshold of Martha and Mary’s house. I’m back on the dusty road. My feet are beginning to get dirty again and pebbles are starting to crawl into my sandals as the distance between me and the sisters’ house increases.

Sigh…

One thing is for sure, the time I spent visiting with them has confirmed as well as revealed much about the inner workings of my soul and about the specifications of my design. I am a Martha that needs to learn one very important lesson from Mary: How to choose to seek Him first above all other things. The way I seek Him, however, is as a Martha, for I cannot be a Mary.

I need to surrender to Him. I need to let go of the things that entangle my everyday life. I need to trust Him so peace like a river can flow all over me as I leave behind a frantic lifestyle that makes me frazzled and overwhelmed.

I am a restless spirit who needs to learn how to rest.

I am a mover who needs to learn how to be still.

I am an action-prone woman who needs to learn that sometimes the best action is to sit down and listen.

I am an intellectual who needs to learn how to tune in to her heart so mind and spirit could be in sink.

I am a doer who needs to learn that she cannot do it all.

I am a hurricane who needs to learn to discover the joy in the gentle breeze.

I pray that the journey with Martha and Mary has been as productive and enriching for you as it has been for me. Please let me know if you’d like to share any of your Martha and Mary stories. I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.