Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Summer Meditations: You See me and You Still Love me



15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

I don’t really wear makeup. However, I’m addicted to lipstick. I cannot leave the house without it. I always have at least 3 in my purse, 2 somewhere in my desk at work, and I have learned not to leave any in the car the hard way. I’m actually ready to spend a decent amount of money in a couple of new shades right about now. The reason, I just really dislike my face without lipstick. I look too pale. I feel naked in a way… maybe I’m just too vain… but I don’t feel put together. I feel not finished.

I know, it’s stupid, right? The thing is that not many people are willing to let anyone see them when they think of themselves to be in an unshapely…unformed state. It’s like we feel skeletal without the trimmings. Like a Christmas tree without ornaments…I hate to bring up Christmas in the summer, but I see those Christmas trees standing in a remote corner of my basement and I look away. There is a reason I have them covered with plastic bags…they are just the frame, who wants to see that? Therefore, I hide them.

Back to the lipstick business, I just don’t like showing my flaws. Lipstick covers a multitude of them! And that’s just my dumb face! Now, imagine letting someone see an X-Ray of my soul? A sonogram of my deepest thoughts? A movie of my inner life?! Yikes!

Nobody really wants to see all the things we weave together in the depths of our minds. I don’t like people seeing me without lipstick! Imagine how protective I am of the things I hide in the secret places of my heart!

Well…there is someone I cannot hide anything from…

The Great I Am sees it all! Super Man’s X-Ray vision is pitiful compared to the multi-dimensional images the Lord sees of all of what we are inside…of all of what we truly are like.

I know, I’m rambling and babbling here. But that’s the effect thinking about God’s eyes seeing everything about me, from the time I wasn’t even formed to today and beyond, has in my mind. I get really nervous. I want to look for my lipstick, but there isn’t one that can cover the nakedness of my frame to His all-seeing-eyes…so I shudder.

He also sees all the days of my life. He ordained them Himself. He wrote them in the book that details all the events of my stay on this earth. O, the inexpressible map of your ways! Why, knowing all there is to be known about me, You chose to love me? I would never understand it. But I will forever be grateful as I humbly accept Your eyes upon me and Your hand of blessings upon my life.


Romans 8:1-2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.