Friday, March 29, 2019

Jesus Speaks to Women: The Holy Pursuer

17 The woman answered him, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You are right in saying, ‘I have no husband’; 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one you now have is not your husband. What you have said is true.” John 4: 17-18

Coming face to face with one's own sin is an earth-shattering experience, but, realizing that we are not alone the moment we accept responsibility for our own faults because Jesus is there with us and, as He stands there, in front of us, He already knew everything we've done...is absolutely mind-blowing.

How could we ever look Him in the eyes again...if His eyes have seen the depth of our darkness?

I am so ashamed of my own missteps and mistakes.  I am so ashamed of the choices I've made which have pulled me away from the road that takes me to Jesus...

But, guess what? Nothing, NOTHING can separate me from His love...nothing, neither death, nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38

I am not that powerful!

Jesus' pursuit of us is relentless.  So, no matter what I do, He will continue to seek me, even if it takes Him away from the 99...

The Samaritan woman experienced this truth.  She was so far removed from the truth of Christ that she wasn't even aware that He was anywhere.  But, before she even arrived, He was already there...waiting for her to pursue her...

There is nothing He won't do to rescue us...even if it costs Him His Life...

To borrow Cory Asbury's words in his song "Reckless Love," I acknowledge here, Lord that...

There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me

There is no well you won't visit, regardless of how deep in the mire and muck it lays, that you go in to save me, and for that, I have no words to thank You and to love You back!  Praised be Your Holy Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.