Thursday, May 24, 2012

Moments


“…we will all be changed – in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.”  1 Corinthians 15: 51b-52a

Many have said that life is made out of moments.  I tend to agree with that sentiment.  Life is a collection of moments.  Some are better than others, but I believe, they are all divinely appointed. 

It’s been a while since the last time I wrote anything.  The last couple of months have been filled with consuming moments which have taken away the ability for me to spend time in meditation.  Some of those very moments, however, are the ones which are bringing me back to the keyboard again today.

Yesterday, for instance, was a day that evolved wrapped around moments that made me paused and breathe in the goodness of the God we serve.  Both of my sons had special ceremonies at school to celebrate their academic and spiritual growth accomplishments.  They both received recognition for their own individual characteristics which they demonstrated throughout the school year.  “My cup runneth over,” as I heard Grant’s 4th grade teacher give him an award “for being mellow and relaxed even during the craziest of times!”  I was also deeply touched when Dylan’s Kindergarten teacher visibly moved, announced at Kindergarten graduation, that Dylan’s spiritual characteristic is “contentment, because he is always happy with what he gets.”

Needless to say, I was very proud of my boys.  Evidently, all throughout the year, they have displayed spiritual characteristics that demonstrate the work of the Holy Spirit in their souls.  It is the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in them that directs their paths.  I always knew it, but these special recognitions have confirmed it:  I cannot boast for it is not by my own power that good things surround me, nothing good lives in my sinful nature, but thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! (Romans 7) 

Seeing my sons being recognized for godly characteristics that I lack was profoundly convicting to me.  On the other hand, it was also a joyful moment because the power of God was brightly and clearly displayed in front of my very eyes.  Even though my sons are exposed to a daily dose of lack of self-control, extreme overreaction, discontent and hysteria, God’s purpose and mighty hand direct their paths and lead them to quiet waters where they can find the ability to exhibit characteristics that they are not taught by their mother. 

As I sat at these events in Grant and Dylan’s school, I praised the Lord for the blessings and I praised Him for showing me that:

The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40)


I praised Him for I know that His promises are true, and that He who rebuked the winds and the waves is capable of working wonders in us if we only trust Him, believe Him and put our faith in Him, regardless of the situations or the surroundings.- He is faithful -.  Bless the Lord O my soul!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1: 17


Dylan and Grant outside their school after Kindergarten Gradutaion - The theme was Children of the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.