Monday, May 28, 2012

Thanks to All My Friends

In the last few weeks Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 has truly become evident in my life: Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Lately, a series of events have come up to interrupt the usual rhythmic flow of my life. Such interruptions have put me in a position where I must reach out to my friends for help. Needless to say, the response has been and continues to be overwhelming. Help comes in different ways to meet all my current needs from those who so willingly desire to extend their hand and serve. It has been shown to me that “a real friend sure sticks closer than a brother,” like Proverbs 18:24b says.

I take a few minutes today to praise and thank the Lord for the friends that He has given me along the way. I am moved by their loyalty and their desire to stick by me even in my unlovable moments.

The Lord provides for all our needs. He knows exactly what and who we need and He arranges it in a way that our needs are met at the right time.


Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.