Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Place Where Redemption Finds You

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. Ephesians 1: 4 

The truth in this verse is so overwhelming that it is impossible to completely comprehend in our limited human brains. It is so transcendent I don’t even know how to react other than with humble gratitude and worship. “Before the creation of the world…He chose…me” And back then He knew my name and He knew exactly how He would reveal Himself to me some day. He had it all planned.

He designed the very moment and place where He would make Himself “real” to me so I could say, in turn, I see you, Lord and I am certainly yours. That place and that moment could be anywhere and anytime. For some, it is by a burning bush in the desert after a long day of work. For some others it is while on their way to persecute His very children on the road to Damascus.  For others it was on the road to Emmaus. For some it is during old age, yet for others it is while at a tender age. Regardless of when, though, it is always mystifying just the same.

For some it is a hospital bed while facing life-threatening illness. For some it is the bottom of a pit while dealing with addiction, depression, loss, loneliness, defeat.

Yet, for some others it is the old childhood home to which you come back once it is empty. It might seem as if all is lost and it is too late, but it is never late or no one is ever that far lost that Redemption cannot find him or her and the Great Redeemer cannot fully restore.

Wherever it is, Redemption will find the chosen in His perfect timing. Pit-dwelling is not forever for those who belong to the One True King. It is just a waiting room before the meeting takes place. For we must be “confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1: 6 Trust in the One who chose you, and know that He will meet you at the place where Redemption finds you.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. 
 Jeremiah 1: 5

My childhood home in Panama, perhaps forever gone...
Linking with:  Whole Hearted Home

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up with WholeHearted Home this past week.

    This was a wonderful post. I love your childhood home.

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.