Monday, July 22, 2013

Mega-Trust-In-Him-Boost

Scripture has the power of showing us God’s Goodness come alive. The amazing thing also is that The Holy Spirit renews Scripture. He is capable of making well-known/often-read passages become fresh right in front of our eyes. Recently, Romans 8: 32 became new to me as I read it just before a moment of great trial for me:

 “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” 

Reading these words was like witnessing a miracle. My soul leaped as if I had received a “Mega-trust-in-Him- boost” in one shot. Witnessing this kind of miracle, however, is sometimes hindered by our insistence on focusing on our circumstances rather than keeping our eyes on Him. The good news is that once we allow the Good Shepherd to re-direct our glance back to Him, the joy that is Christ in us becomes real.

As I am bracing for what might be the beginning of pretty scary stuff, I have been struggling with my focus. Today, however, the Lord, in His love and goodness, has showed me the meaning of His promise to renew His Mercies every day. (Lamentations 3: 22-23) He does that by making His Word come alive and renewed every day as well as by providing us with what we need to continue on our path to Him.

These last couple of weeks, besides devouring Scripture, I have requested my sisters and brothers in Christ to pray for me and my family. In response, I have been showered with their prayers in a way that have quieted my soul, steadied my heart and calmed my fears. I can literally feel the prayers as a warm embrace of heavenly comfort. He has provided me with an army of His Saints who is covering me with their prayers. I feel like they got my back, and I am protected. He has brought to me the right people whom He knows can help me get through this with the right mindset and with my eyes open so I don’t miss His goodness.

In my hour of need, in OUR hour of need, He provides us with what we require…not necessarily what we WANT, but certainly what we need. He reminds us that He is Good all the time. He reminds us that He does not keep His Goodness to Himself, but that He spreads it among those who belong to Him. He reminds us that we are His beloved and that we need not be afraid.

As He has promised, Goodness is one of the fruits that His Spirit grows in us. This goodness comes directly from Him, and as we become more and more aware of it in our daily walk with Him, this same divine goodness begins sprouting in us. That’s the secret of Our Heavenly Gardener. He plants the seed of goodness when He comes into us and then He makes it grow as He makes us aware of the source. It is the mystery of Christ in us what makes us capable of having goodness in our soul.

By His wounds, we are healed. By His goodness, we are good. By His mercy, we are redeemed. By His Grace, we are saved. By His Blood, we are cleansed. By His breath, we are sustained. By His love, we love.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who’ve been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.