Monday, July 29, 2013

Lord of the Storm

He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” They were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!” Mark 4: 39-41

It is the day before my surgery and I am at a point where peace finally resembles the promised river rather than the dripping faucet that it has been so far. (Isaiah 48: 18) I have called out to The Lord in my trouble for Him to save me from my distress and for His purpose to be fulfilled in me, and He has sent me His comforting presence in His Word and in His “angels.” He has surrounded me with brothers and sisters in Christ who are lifting me up in their prayers in such a potent way that I can truly feel it around me…and for that I am so inexpressibly thankful.

The message I am tuning into reminds me that He is Lord over all. He is the One to whom the wind and the waves obey! He is the One who commands the squall and tells it to be quiet! And be still! He is the One who reveals Himself in the midst of the raging sea and says: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” (Matthew 14: 27b) He is the Lord of the storm!

Whether He calms the storm itself or He calms my spirit, replacing fear with peace as I weather it…in both scenarios, He is always with me. I will go on with this trial with Him by my side and hopeful that He has a ministry, a purpose for it all in the end. It is not going to be in vain.

Praise the Lord, the Lord of the Storm!

...the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Matthew 14: 24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.