Friday, July 12, 2013

Cornerstone

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior’s love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

These lyrics by Hillsong truly speak to me today. Christ alone, no one else can really be exalted, elevated to the highest rank, the Only One worthy of our worship and praise…the Only One who makes all things new…the Healer…the Cornerstone…the One who holds it all together for us, Christ.

I am the weak who has been made strong in His strength…in His love. And certainly, through the storm(s), He IS Lord. He is Lord over me. He is Lord over my circumstances. He is Lord over my happiness and over my sadness. He is Lord over what I have and over what I don’t have. He is Lord over my children. He is Lord over my husband. He is Lord over my family and friends. He is Lord over my job. He is Lord over my leisure time. He is Lord over my finances. He is Lord over my old house and over my new one. He is Lord over my thoughts. He is Lord over my heart. He is Lord of all.

I don’t know what the future holds and for that I am scared…no sense denying it…but I do know He is and will continue to be with me as He is with all His beloved. I am one of them, and He knows it is my hour of need. He will not abandon me. I pray for peace and relief…my anchor holds the solid rock. I just hope He gives me clarity to see His face, feel His presence and trust His love.

The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; Psalm 118:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.