Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Opportunities in Trials

Therefore let all the faithful pray to you
while you may be found;
surely the rising of the mighty waters
will not reach them.

You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance. 

Psalm 32: 6-7

I have prayed to you in my hour of need and you have rescued me from the mighty waters. I know they will certainly not reach me because You have placed me on higher ground. I now rest upon the Solid Rock. You have provided me with a hiding place to weather the storm, and to keep dry, protecting me from trouble, and You have surrounded me with music to soothe my soul…the music that ascends back to you in the prayers of Your faithful ones, whom You have chosen to lift me up and be your face to me at this moment.

As I recover from my surgery, I begin the process of waiting for results, which is not an easy one, but I have resolved to wait on You, Lord. It is not something I can do on my own, for you well know waiting is not my strong suit. Waiting involves patience and relinquishing control…neither of which I know how to do. But you go before me, and Your Spirit commands my heart and my mind in order to allow me to live by faith not by sight.

Every trial is an opportunity to practice the so very elusive Spirit lead lifestyle if we enter them with our eyes wide open and focused on Christ. It is an opportunity to grow His fruits and come out the other side more mature. But we need to be willing to do so. We need to be intentional about it. Therefore, I want to do my part and offer no resistance so the Holy One can guide me through the storm ahead, protect me, and eventually take me out the hiding place when the waters have subsided.



I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. Job 19: 25



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.