Saturday, September 28, 2013

Father to the Fatherless



A Father and a Mother forsaking their child? Impossible, right? Well, as we all know, it does happen…and more often than we’d like to imagine…the why and the how are hard to explain, but the pain is real. How do you ever recover from a blow like that? How do you ever … when those who are supposed to love you and protect you unconditionally, forget about you and abandon you…Why does God allow such a thing to happen?

This is just one of the many tough questions that we struggle to answer. I don’t think even the greatest minds could coherently produce a meaningful reply that would help anyone’s hurt to stop. In the meantime, the one who didn’t even ask to be born is left wondering a silent why for the rest of his or her life.

But Psalm 68 tells us that God is the Father to the Fatherless…

John 14: 18 says that He will not leave us as orphans, but that He will come to us.

The God of the universe, who commanded Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon to be cut in the rock, and the One who spoke and galaxies were formed, cares about us…cares about the fatherless…cares about you. I don’t understand it, but I believe it! I hang on this His Word. And He said that even though we will have trouble in this life, they will all be but momentary afflictions, and that we must trust Him for He has overcome the world with all its pain.

I do not fix my eyes on the things I see for they are deceiving. I try to focus on the unseen, for that is eternal! (2 Corinthians 4: 17-18) I life by faith and not by sight! (2 Corinthians 5: 7). Therefore, it doesn’t matter how hopeless things of this life look like, I will wait upon the Lord, and take heart. And perhaps, I will get to see His restoring power while I’m still in the land of the living, because…

Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me. Psalm 27: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.