Saturday, September 21, 2013



Well, this is it...summer is officially over, and with it, my favorite season of the year bids me farewell. Looking back, it was a rather difficult summer.  It was filled with ups and downs.  On the one hand, I had lots of unexpected and not so delightful surprises.  On the other, the Lord blessed me with new beginnings that have proven very enjoyable so far.  

One thing I can say, through it all, I was able to gain a more special appreciation for the Hand of God at work in me.  The intimacy between me and my Lord moved to a much deeper level during these past months and for that I am thankful.  I wouldn't change it for the world! Finding contentment in my situation showed me the beauty hidden behind the simple things.  

For instance, we didn't have much money to spend on fun vacations; but we discovered  that we don't need to spend a lot to have a good time.  We found a nice lake pretty close to our new house where we had many afternoons of care-free FREE entertainment.  We explored hiking paths and biking trails.  We visited Grandma's campground and began a walking routine.  We re-discover the joy of grilling and the bliss of bargain grocery shopping.  All in all, in the midst of doctors' appointments, surgeries and nervousness, The Most High held me closely by His side and allowed me to have a good time!

I am truly sad to see summer go...it is like I woke up today and fall impatiently pushed it aside.  But one more thing I learned this season was that there's always room for delight as long as we are willing to see it. As long as we trust Him whose glory is revealed in each season of the year, we will be able to see the love of the One who spoke it all into being just for our enjoyment, whether in the sun or the snow, the spring or the fall.

So for now I say:  So long summer!  Miss you already! Hurry back...hope to see you soon.  But I won't regret the passing of time.  I will receive it as a necessary step in the unfolding of my destiny.  And I will try to look hard for the beauty hidden behind every colorful leave and every flake of snow until spring blooms again leaving the door open for summer to walk right back in one more time.

And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." Isaiah 6: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.