Monday, January 19, 2015

God is Good, All the Time!



Today I cling to the words from Scripture that my daily devotional brought to me this morning:

“Father God, according to Your Word, without faith it is impossible to please You, because anyone who comes to You must believe that You exist and that You reward those who earnestly seek You (Heb. 11: 6)

Lord, I want to please You. Build faith in me so my life will honor the life of Your Son at all times, in every way.

Help me not be like the ancient Israelites who willfully put You to the test (Psalm 78:18). They did not believe in You or trust in Your deliverance even after all the wonders You had shown them. (Psalm 78:22).

Please swell my soul with belief, and help me to trust emphatically in Your deliverance.”

I read this today after I woke up heavy with worry and anxiety. It was the perfect combination of words to bring me out of the fog the enemy uses to blur my vision every day. I closed my little devotional, sighed a deep sigh and repeated the Name of Jesus aloud several times until I felt the tension begin to leave my body.

I am not going to allow the enemy to hold me prisoner. I am free! And it is for freedom that Christ has set me free, not to continue to dwell in the dark dungeon the enemy has carved for me in the depth of the abyss.

I believe in the plan God has designed for my life, and I believe it is a beautiful and perfect plan, regardless of the hardship and temporary suffering that it may contain. I believe He loves me and I believe He is Good, ALL the time.

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him (Psalm 34:8).



Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever 
(Psalm 107:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.