Wednesday, January 21, 2015

God Always Wins!



Today I cling to the words of my friend Geniene who told me she is fighting for me as I am in the middle of my battle against the “the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (Ephesians 6: 12) Geniene told me to “put on the armor of God, and not to let the enemy gain ground in me…God always wins!”

My dear friend’s words have stuck with me. God ALWAYS wins, indeed! And as a small reminder, we can visit Romans chapter 8 and bask in His victory, which is in turn, ours too.

Today I make the words of Romans 8 mine! Today I cling to the promise that we are more than conquerors in Christ! If God is for me, who can be against me? Whom then shall I fear?

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

I consider that my present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in me.

In the same way, I know that the Spirit helps me in my weakness. I do not know what I ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for me through wordless groans. And he who searches my heart knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

And I know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

And I praise Him and thank Him because in all these things I/we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me/us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord…and that assurance is enough for me to have a heart filled with peace.

Thank you Lord Jesus, for in You we all find victory, even a sinner like me! Thank you for the knowledge that God ALWAYS wins…for He always wins, indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.