Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The God of All Comfort



Today I am clinging to the words my dear friend Glenda sent to me guided by the Holy Spirit. She found these words by Rick Warren and she thought of me, as she has been lifting me up in prayer during my time of testing. I praise God for Glenda and for all the people from my church, my friends and family, who are keeping me covered in the warm blanket of their prayers for that is how God is providing for me right now. Our Heavenly Father IS, indeed, the God of all comfort, and as such, He makes sure we lack nothing we need. Therefore, like Pastor Rick Warren say, I won’t give in to my fears!

Don’t give in to your fears

God is watching over you, so don’t listen to your fears. This is a choice. Trust God, and don’t give in to your fears.

He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 2 Corinthians 1: 10

God’s promise to believers is that, no matter what happens to us, he is working for our good — if we love him and follow him. If you're a believer, the Bible says all things are working together for good — not that all things are good but that they are working together for good.

That means we can stop listening to our fears. There is no difficulty, dilemma, defeat, or disaster in the life of a believer that God can’t ultimately get some good out of. There is no need to fear the future.

Your fears reveal where you do not trust God. Today, make a list of your fears, and ask God to help you identify why you have fear in those areas. Then, ask him to help you replace your fears with trust.


In order to make the choice to stop listening to my fears I must start by only listening to God’s Word, instead. That is the only thing that will mute the loud screeching of my fears. Clinging to God’s Word, clinging to Christ by reading scripture is the only certain way to fill my ears with the sound of His voice and tune out the noise of the enemy.

Only by knowing the truth I can counter the lies.

I know that my fear reveals that I lack trust, and for that I feel convicted. Therefore, by the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in me and aided by those who God has sent to me to encourage me, I am taking a stand against my trust issues. I am hanging on with all I’ve got to the promises of God in the Bible and I am pressing on. He Who delivers me from the paws of the lion and of the bear is not about to abandon me now. (1 Samuel : 17-37)

Blessed be the Name of the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.