Friday, January 16, 2015

Victory Is Won!



One year ago to the day, I took a radioactive iodine pill as a treatment for Thyroid cancer. After I took the pill, I had to go in isolation for 5 days. During that time I was not allowed to be in contact with anybody. So I spent those 5 days alone at my Mother in Law’s house since she was away for the winter. At that time, God held my hand every minute and He sent me His angels in the persons of His children who showed their love for Him as they served me.

I had my friends from church coming in every day to bring me food and treats and presents. I had phone calls and people sending me messages, reminding me that they were holding me in prayers. I had so many demonstrations of solidarity and care that I can honestly say that, even though I was in isolation, I was never alone.

Today, I sit here, one year later, praising God for carrying me through that. I am also nervously awaiting a follow up scan next week which is making me anxious. I know, however, that all will be well. He, who carried me through the fire last year, is not about to abandon me now. But…even though I am confident that God’s healing Hand will keep me well, my mind still plays tricks on me. That’s why I am intentionally clinging to Scripture with all I’ve got.

My devotional reading for today, which I read a year ago as well, had this passage in it:

So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! Romans 7: 21-25

At the end of the reading, the meditation said:

“Please help me understand that the battle which rages over my body originates in my mind. Help me surrender my mind to You and Your truth.”

That’s exactly it! There is a battle raging inside of me. And the war is beyond the reaches of my own control. It is the battle between God’s law and sin’s law. It is the battle between the truth of Christ and the lies of the Devil. It is the battle that steals away my peace and my trust in Him. Even though I know Christ is victorious, in my weakness, I allow myself to be carried away by the current of fear that makes me doubt. Therefore, I need Him to help me surrender to the Truth of His Word. I need His power to make me keep my eyes on Jesus, The One who will deliver me from this darkness that covers His victory.

One year ago, God rescued me and restored me. I have to be confident in the fact that He will do the same today, for He doesn’t change. He is the same yesterday, now and forever. He is Faithful and He loves me.

I’d like to take this moment to thank you if you are one of the angels Our Heavenly Father sent to me last year as I was going through my trial. And thank you if you are one of the angels He has sent to me at this moment to help me navigate through the murky waters of this battle until I come out into the Light of His Victory on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.