Monday, June 22, 2015

You Always Answer Me When I Call



The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. Psalm 18: 4 But I I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies. 
Psalm 18: 3

Our soul has escaped as a bird out of the snare of the trapper; The snare is broken and we have escaped. 
Psalm 124: 7

There is a lot to be said about the misuse of today’s cyber-world; however, to me, the ability to keep in touch with my sisters in Christ, near and far, is one of the greatest blessings this era of instant communication has provided. Although I’m not going to write a dissertation on this topic here today…I’d like to say that social media and the Internet as a whole are all about how you use them. If we go about them guided by the Light of the Holy Spirit, we can certainly use them as tools to help us in our quest to surrounding ourselves with all things good. If we don’t pray for discernment when we use this tool, it can lead us into destruction and evil.

With that said, I’d like to tell you how today the Internet and its social media minions were agents of good in my life. I woke up this morning feeling the enemy entangling me. I felt his claws grabbed me from my place upon the Rock, to then dump me into his prison of doubt, fear and anxiety. On my knees I begged the Almighty to give me His presence, and He sent me His Word through His messengers…through those whom He has placed around me…by means of the Internet.

The minute I prayed for God’s presence to be with me and for Him to send me His angels, He led me to His Word. It wasn’t a straight road, though. I came downstairs and I went to Facebook first. I know…but God knew too, so... what message did I see pop in the newsfeed? 
  
“Pray More. Worry Less.” 

Yeah…right on my face.

I kept scrolling down and after some great pictures of my Facebook friends showcasing their Father’s Day tributes and vacation journals, here’s what I saw:

“All Worry Ends when Faith in God Begins.”

Then, I saw a beautiful paraphrasing of Psalm 46: 10 (probably my #1 all-time-favorite verse in all Scripture) “Let go of your concerns! Then you will know that I Am God. I rule the nations. I rule the Earth.”

I scrolled some more and there it was: “Let all that I am praise the Lord. May I never forget the good things He does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.” Psalm 103: 2-3 NLT
Finally, I saw this: “Dear God, in your strong hands I place my life today. Choosing to depend on You to Light and Guide the way.”

Of course I shared all these in my wall, but most of all, I let the healing power of the Holy Spirit, God’s presence in me, minister to me with these words I’d just read. Then, I sent out messages to some of my prayer warriors, for I know I am not strong enough to pull myself out of the pit of fear. He has to do it Himself; and one other thing I know is that often times He uses His beloved to help one another. 

In an instant, my phone became a direct line to the Word…a direct line to God. He was speaking to me directly.  My friends were the fingers of God, typing Scripture and prayers the Holy Spirit had placed in their hearts to speak to me at the precise moment that I needed them.

I began to feel the weight of worry lift and I started to breathe again.

I’ve prayed for His presence and He spoke to me in His Word and through His angels…

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.