Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday, Check!



This week is an example of those times when I wish hyper-sleep would be possible. A myriad of medical tests and doctor appointments added to the regular work, home and school stress is causing me to reach my snapping point. I don’t know how many times I’ve said to myself: “I wish I could just close my eyes for a week.”

This is how I felt this past Monday. All I wanted to do was to shut my eyes tightly and open them when it was all over…

…well…

It is all over now.

Time doesn’t stand still, Praise the Lord! For the days flew by, stressful and hectic as expected, but now the week is coming to a close and so is the anxiety, Praise the Lord!

This morning we went through what hopefully was the last test of this round. I had my whole body scan done as part of my yearly checkups for thyroid cancer. It is not the most pleasant thing in the world. For the duration of the scan which is about…I don’t know…somewhere between 40 minutes and an eternity…I’m strapped to a very narrow table with this board not more than a couple of inches from my face. Eyes closed and muscles twitching, I was able to allow the Holy Spirit to guide me through the whole ordeal. He gave me words to cling to, words that brought healing and calm to my soul. I was surprised when I open my eyes to see light! As it happens, up above, on the ceiling, there is this nice panel with a beautiful scene that makes you feel like you are looking at a gorgeous clear sky with puffy clouds and beautiful cherry blossoms around the sides. The Grace of God on display.

After the test was done, we were led to a consultation office to wait for the radiologist. I was bracing for another long wait since that’s how it was last time I was there; but much to my surprise, the young, white-robe-clad doctor showed up at our door in less than 10 minutes. The fact that he didn’t really even come into the small room all the way gave me a sense of reassurance. From the threshold, he uttered the greatest words in medicine: your scan is completely normal. The Grace of God opened up like a great lake, right in front of me to dive in.

As I drove back home, a song popped in my head, Limitless by young Christian Artist Colton Dixon. As soon as I got to my computer back at home, I searched for the song and bathed into the calming waters of God’s Grace and Peace as I listened to the lyrics.

We are limitless, because You Are Limitless!

We praise Him if we win. We praise Him if we lose. In all circumstances we are reminded to rejoice, for the secret is that we can do all things in Him, who gives us strength!

Praise be the God who Heals. May He show us the way that He wants us to go to fulfill His plan for our lives. May all the gifts He has given to us be used for His Kingdom! With thanksgiving, I close this week…another one for the books!

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19: 23-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.