Thursday, February 4, 2016

Bible Verses to Keep Us Grounded in Times of Fear



Christ is the One who fuels me. Praise the Lord, it is through the strength of Jesus that I am able to move…because I have NO strength on my own.

…for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. Philippians 2: 13

I say these Sacred words to myself, though sometimes I don’t listen…but I will continue for, as the Word dwells in my heart, Christ goes with me to the battles of my daily walk.


Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31: 6


When I falter, He reminds me:

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41: 10

When confronted against my fiercest enemies, He assures me:

For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.’ Deuteronomy 20: 4

I hang on to His promises, for they are true. I rely on His word and hope, for He tells me:

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

As I go into that field of testing, anxiety and uncertainty, I will hear Jesus calling me and saying:

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11: 28

My hope and my trust are in You, Lord, My Sustainer and My Redeemer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.