Monday, February 22, 2016

Monday, Check!



I don’t know about you, but for me, sometimes, when something I dread very much approaches, I just wish I could go to sleep and wake up when it’s all done and gone…

The inevitability of the dreadful event gives me such a sense of helplessness that I don’t want to be awake for it. I see the fear thermometer rising to out-of-control levels and I don’t know what to do to stop it, other than to dream about the possibility of sleeping until it either bursts or normalizes.

Sigh…

This week is an example of those times when I wish hyper-sleep would be possible.

A myriad of medical tests and doctor appointments added to the regular work, home and school stress is causing me to reach my snapping point. I don’t know how many times I’ve said to myself: “I wish I could just close my eyes for a week.”

The reality is, however, I cannot just sleep away the week, neither I should.

The reality is that no matter how scare I am, I need to be awake. I need to be awake to see God’s hand guiding me through my turbulent times. I need to be awake to see Him at work in me. I need to be awake to seem Him shine!

I am clinging to His promises for a perfect plan that is not going to harm me or my loved ones, but rather bring us hope and a bright future! I’m clinging to His Word that promises a shelter from the storm. I’m clinging to His Strong Tower and trusting in His Absolute Power!

I’m fighting off my desire to hide and sleep with the promise of His Victory and the hope of having His Light in me.

I’m trying to shake off my instinct to shut my eyes with the truth that keeping my eyes open will bring me a renewed awareness of His presence which brings ultimate peace.

I’m refusing to focus on the avalanche of events approaching, and instead, I’m planning to take it just one day at a time. I’m resisting the enemy’s call to fear by reading the Word and staying in prayer.

I’m choosing to trust Him this week and every week of my life, be it hard, easy, pleasant or rough…I will trust Jesus the Christ and stay awake to see Him Shine!

This is why it is said: "Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."
Ephesians 5: 14

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.