Monday, February 8, 2016

He Meets Me in My Weakness




In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 
 Romans 8: 26-28

This passage speaks to me in so many levels. Today, it speaks to me in the depth of my weakness. I absolutely find myself at a loss at this moment for I know not how to pray. Just when I think I’m getting it together and smooth sailing is here, the waters get choppy again and I lose my center…I stumble…I fall…I can’t see the horizon.

I feel like I’m on a very small fishing boat and that the waves keep pounding it, water coming in, wind against me…exhausted…totally weak…

This passage, however, becomes a beacon of light that helps me regain some sense of direction. Through my blurred vision, I am able to distinguish the flashing, intermittent beam that guides me to safety. The light comes to meet me at my place of darkness…The Holy Spirit comes to meet me in my weakness.

I don’t know what I’m doing, but reading these blessed words, I realize it doesn’t matter. He intercedes for me. God’s will is perfect and in it there is room for His Mercy, which scoops us out of the engulfing waters when we think we’d drown. And the hope, that is The Lord, reminds us that He will make all things work out in the end.

We have been called to this earth for a purpose… and even if we don’t understand it now, we can rest assured that the purpose is good, holy and glorious.

In the meantime, let’s keep pressing on. Let’s allow the Holy Spirit to minister to us in our weakness. Let’s not lose sight of the Light!

Linking with:  Moreofhim.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.