Friday, December 30, 2016

Surrendering to God



As 2016 comes to a close, I can´t help but to look back, particularly at the word I picked to be the guiding word for this year that is now ending:  TRUST.  As I reflect on how much I allowed TRUST to guide my path in 2016 I remember the events that called for a total adherence to the principle behind the word: the firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or/and strength of God…and I realize that, for the most part, the Holy Spirit faithfully kept me on the path of trust.  Of course, there were moments of sudden panic…but they did not determine my steps.  Empowered by the strength of He Who Lives in Me, I was able to refocus and retake the road, guided by the light of Trust. 

Today, as I think of 2017, I believe I have found my word:  Surrender. 


Trusting God is, in my opinion, a prerequisite for surrendering to Him.  After all, it is hard to surrender to anything or anyone we don´t trust.  Therefore, as our trust in God´s ability, reliability, truthfulness, strength, etc., etc., etc., increases, so does our ability to surrender to Him.  He Who Has Been Faithful before, will be Faithful again, and again, and again…thus we trust and surrender to His will…even when we don´t understand it...which in my case, it is more often than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.