Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Key, The Door and The Road


5 O come, O Key of David, come
and open wide our heavenly home.
Make safe for us the heavenward road
and bar the way to death's abode. Refrain

The fifth stanza continues with the topic of the Immanuel’s link to King David, and as the Key Bearer, or the Key, rather, the Only Key that could open the door to our “heavenly home.” 
Jesus, our Immanuel, is not only the Key, but the Door that opens for all who put their trust and faith in Him.  Furthermore, He is not only the Key and the Door, but He is the Road that takes us to the place of our eternal dwelling.  He is the Way.  As Jesus, himself says it, our forever home is waiting for us,

2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am. John 14: 2

And just as if on cue, Thomas, the representative of all of us who ever doubted,

5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.” John 14: 5-7


This is the promise of Heaven out of the mouth of Jesus, himself!  While He is there, making room for us, we are to follow Him, the Way, until the day we are in front of that Door that only He can open.  In the meantime, we trust His Word, for He Is the Word!  The Life and the Truth! Rejoice, a thousand times, Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.