Saturday, November 28, 2020

Thanksgiving Week - Day 6

 Well...yesterday was Black Friday 2020.  And, as the consummate shopper that I am...I did my part to help the economy.  All I'm going to say is that it was a very different experience...but, this thought brings me to my thanksgiving moment for the day (I know...I am posting this a day late...I hope you understand ;) 

I am grateful for our jobs.  Dan and I have been blessed with jobs that have endured the pandemic.  Even though I have not been in a classroom since March 6th...I have been gainfully employed and working harder than ever throughout the months of isolation. It was during this time also that I became the Chairperson of our Department.  Therefore, my responsibilities have quadrupled...and so has my stress-level.  However, I am grateful because, through it all, God has been Faithful, and He has provided everything we need and way beyond to keep my family and I safe, secure and lacking nothing.  

Not many people can say the same...it only takes a quick drive to see so many businesses that were thriving, now closed or barely hanging on.  The travel, entertainment and food industries have been the hardest hit.  Many of our favorite restaurants are gone...and, unless they change their formats, the rest will follow.  I just can't believe that some of the most iconic places to eat, like the Pizza Shop at the Outlet Mall is out of business!  The kids and I have been eating pizza there ever since Grant could chew it!  We stood in front of it yesterday dumbfounded...silently mortified.  All we could do was let out a deep sigh...

I see commercials on TV inviting people to go on a cruise and take a trip...in a desperate attempt to pretend all is back to normal.  But we know it is far from it.  We know it will take a long time before people feel safe again and decide to go on a leisure trip, carefree and ready to enjoy a hotel stay, an airplane ride, let alone a cruise (the memories of that ship full of sick passengers which no country wanted to give safe harbor to still linger way too fresh in everyone's minds).

I feel for those in the hardest hit industries.  I pray for their employees.  I pray that there is a way they can recover.  I pray we can do our part to help when the time is right.  I pray God has mercy on the world and releases effective treatments and vaccines soon.  And as I pray for all these things, I also pray for a spirit of thanksgiving to rise up in our souls so we can continue to be grateful for the blessings hidden in adversity...as we continue to trust His plan, even if we don't fully understand it.  In the Precious Name of Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.