Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The Seeker

You know how when people in a household unsuccessfully look for something they've momentarily lost, there's always someone they instinctively go to because they know/sense/feel that person would be able to find it for them?  And, by the same token...there's also usually someone who always keeps losing things and can't ever find them without enlisting the help of the others?  Well...in my household, I am traditionally the one people call when they are having trouble finding things...although...depending on what the "thing" is...Grant is becoming a really good finder upper too.  And...without naming any names, there are a couple of members of this household who play the roles of loser-uppers very well.  However... to be fair... I do my share of losing, and when that happens...chaos ensues.

As the Advent season enters the scene, I would like to dedicate it to purposefully and fully embracing my role of a "seeker".  I want to seek the things I'm afraid I've lost.  I want to seek and find what I've lost sight of.  I want to find the presents God has given me and I've forgotten to unwrap.  And most of all, I want to remember how my first role needs to be that of the seeker of His Face.

I know I will be extremely busy this Christmas season, and I want to resolve not to let the distractions keep me away from seeking Him first!

I know I will be distressed due to many work-related issues that are coming my way, but I don't want to allow those trials and tribulations to stop me from staying still and seeking His Presence.

I want to remember that He is My Hope and My Deliverer.

And I want to make sure I seek His Peace, and remember His Word:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3: 22-26

Dear Lord, please carry us through this Advent Season with a heart full of hope, seeking Your Presence to find Your Peace embraced by Your Love.  May we always remember that "Great is Thy Faithfulness," indeed.  In the Precious Name of Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.