Monday, December 28, 2020

Unveiled

 Every morning as soon as I open my eyes, I thank God for allowing me to be able to see a new day.  I don't want to take any day for granted.  I want to be able to see God's goodness all around me.  I want to be able to celebrate His Presence in everything I see.  But, unfortunately, often, I am blinded to what God is doing.  The worries and sorrows of this world become a veil that covers my eyes, keeping me from seeing the truth.

Like in the days of the Old Testament, when a curtain separated humanity from the presence of God, the thick curtains of bad news, illness, pandemic, isolation, financial instability, brokenness, heart ache...and everything else that clutters our minds, are heavily drawn in our souls, covering our eyes, not permitting us to see...making it worst in our hearts as we are veiled from the reality of the Presence of God among us ... believing that only evil and darkness and horror live in the world.

However, we don't have to live like that!  That's precisely why Jesus came to us...to set us free, to liberate us and save us and to rip that curtain apart so there would be nothing separating us from Him and His Love.  But...how quickly we forget...

This is why, as the new year is approaching fast, I want to make sure I make a resolution to open up my eyes and remember that Jesus came to remove the veil and to give me new sight!  I want to resolve to allow my heart to be soft so the Holy Spirit may accomplish His work in me, and let me see His Presence as He holds me by the hand every step of the way.  I want to see the truth of His reality in my life, regardless of the circumstances.  I want to see beyond the problems and worries.  I want to see Him walking with me and holding me, regardless of how rough the path is.

I want to remember that "whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." (2 Corinthians 3: 16) and that... The Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 3: 17-18)

I pray we can hang on to these words, for they are words of truth and hope!  I pray we can trust in Him, and that we may have unveiled eyes so we can see the Glory of the Lord right here on this earth.  In the Precious Name of Jesus...the One Who Makes Us Free, indeed!  Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.