Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Details

Written instructions mean very little to me.  At work, when I ask our Tech guy to explain how to use any of the features of our learning platform, he sends me little instructional videos.  Boy, am I glad we are now in the era when we can do this.  I remember, not that long ago, all instructions on how to do/make/fix/proceed with something...anything...were just typed lists of steps.  Like recipes...sigh...I read a recipe a million times to try to visualize the procedure in my head before I even start making the darn dish.  Then, I have to go back to the recipe at every step in order to make sure I'm doing it right.  Again, I am SO thankful for YouTube!

I cannot imagine if I had been the one to receive the instructions to build...say...the tabernacle in Moses' times.  The only thing I'd gotten right probably would have been, maybe, the color of the curtains...and only if I could figure out what "scarlet" is (the only Scarlet I know is the one from Gone with the Wind...)

In Exodus 26, God, the Almighty LORD of the Universe...the Great I AM...the One Who Was and Is and Is to Come, gave detailed instructions on how to build the Tabernacle.  In reading through that chapter, I'm thinking...why???

I don't know why.  I am not a person who is into minute details.  But guess what? Apparently, God is!

I believe, the excruciatingly methodic directions in Exodus 26 demonstrate precisely that about Our Father...that He is a God who is aware of every single thing, regardless of how unimportant and insignificant it might appear...to God, it is just as valuable.  He is as in charge with the details of the current pandemic and its effects in the entire world as a unit, as He is with how this unprecedented situation affects each one of His children regardless of where he or she is in the great global scheme.  From the unborn child, apparently safe and secure in his/her mother's womb to the elderly man at the end of his life, God knows.  He sees every detail that concerns to us, and our well being is in His hands...only the most capable Hands that ever existed.   

Regardless of the madness of today, the Amazing and Awesome God that governs over every single, minute detail of existence is looking out for us.  His right hand has not let go of ours.  We are still engraved on His mighty hand.  We are still the apple of His eyes.  We will always be His poem and nothing will ever keep us from being His beloved.  Let's keep the faith as we pray without ceasing for a prompt and effective resolution to the current world crisis, resting in the peace of knowing that He is the Lord Who Sees and the Lord Who Heals.  In the Precious Name of Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.