Sunday, March 29, 2020

Surrender Your Struggles to Him

"What are you struggling with?" Asked our Pastor today during the online worship service.  Boy, can I write volumes on my struggles, especially right now.  I mean, I haven't been able to go shopping in like three weeks, and instead, I've been stuck in the kitchen trying to keep everyone fed, and no going to the movies!!! The struggle is real!

However, I don't think that's what he meant.

Pastor Doug was actually talking about meditating on sin that we are struggling to surrender to Our Lord and Savior. 

Sigh...yeah...I got those struggles too...

One comes to mind right away: gossip.  The last couple of months have been filled with issues at work, and the way I have been dealing with those issues is by gossiping.  I have been calling it "venting."  In reality, though...the more I think about it...the more I realize I have been indulging in gossiping.  I've called it "discussing."  But, there is no way to disguise it.  It has been plane and simple gossip.

I am ashamed.  I am convicted.  It's time to surrender.

I went for a long walk by myself this afternoon, taking advantage of the rare, beautiful weather...and at the end, I said to Him: I surrender it to You.  I am sorry about the way I have acted, and I surrender it to You, Lord. 

A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. 

Now, the thing is...what am I going to do...how am I going to react when those with whom I commiserate and  share my gossiping want to dive into yet another session?  I am praying that My Lord takes the wheel and reigns in my tongue so I can stay out of it.  The first step...not to instigate it.  Hopefully this will help the gossiping sessions to never start...then, surrender it again, so the Holy Spirit can take hold of me and guide me out of it.

Sigh...

Well, thank you, Pastor Doug for bringing this up today.  I pray that I am strengthened by Christ to resist and not to fall into the temptation of my struggle, and to help me to surrender it all, over and over again, until it is not a struggle anymore.  In the Precious Name of Jesus.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.