Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let's Make a Line to See HIM

Tonight we had the privilege and the blessing to watch our boys perform in the Christmas musical at their school.  Among the secularization of the season, it was truly a joy to see Grant and Dylan surrounded by all their school-mates loudly, proudly, boldly and unapologetically praising the King of Kings in celebration of His first advent as a humble baby.  The entire program was great.  Grant sang a short solo and also played one of the Wise Men.  Dylan overcame his stage fright and displayed his dexterity and hand-eye coordination with the motions that he performed perfectly.  

We were so proud.  I think the whole audience could hear my laughter throughout.  The last song, however, was my absolute favorite.  It was so touching it moved me to tears.  It was masterfully sung by NCCA’s very own super star to be.  She is a seventh grader that is destined for greatness.  So much so that Grant made the following comment on our ride home:  “when I’m older, and I’m sitting home watching TV with my kids and Maxine comes on the screen singing or acting, I’m going to tell my children, ‘hey kids, I went to school with her! And they won’t believe me!’”  Spoken like a true ‘wise man,’ indeed.

At any rate, I don’t know if it was the way she sang it or if it was the emotion of the evening or if it was the simplicity of the words or if it was the very Hand of God reaching down to touch my soul; but the lyrics of the closing song really spoke to me tonight.  We recorded it with our hand-held little camera; however, some woman next to us kept on coughing the whole way through, which doesn’t make for good video!  So, as soon as I came home, I went to the good ole reliable YouTube and found it, performed by Becky Kelley.  I have to tell you, though…if after you hear it, you think Becky Kelley is good, Maxine from NCCA is even better!  At any rate, rather than me telling you about it; how about if I let you be blessed by it.  I pray it does speak to you too.  It is not one of those spectacular-goosebumps-all-over-standing-ovation-grandious kind of song.  But I hope it says something important to you as you listen to it.  I hope that as it points to Him, it helps you turn your eyes upon Jesus this Christmas season.

1 comment:

  1. I was moved to tears too! That was a fabulous program! Dylan & Grant did a great job! I LOVED Grants solo!
    Michonda

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.