Thursday, February 16, 2012

Remember You Are His Beloved!

I have never done anything in my life more difficult than being a mother. I don’t have much experience at it; but I have never felt more nervous, scared, concerned and worried in my life than I have in the last almost 10 years since I became a “Mama.” Parenting is really not for the faint of heart and I would never be able to survive it without the help and the constant presence of Christ in my life and career as a Mother. 

I can hardly think of anything else harder to endure than seeing your child hurt or broken hearted. Unfortunately, I’ve already had to witness it not long ago and it almost literally killed me. The tears of my young boy silently crying on my arms bruised my heart. The worst part of it is that there isn’t much I can do to protect him from it ever happening again. Life is just full of hurt and disappointment. We live in a fallen world and evil relentlessly roams and prowls around, seeking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5: 8)

The best I can do is to be there to comfort my son and point out to him that even when others reject him, Jesus never will.

This is a truth not just for my young boy; but for all of God’s beloved. It is a truth for you and for me. It is very difficult to go through life without clinging to Christ and His love. Sometimes we forget, though. That’s why, by whatever means we have at our disposal it is crucial for us to remember who we are, that our identity is in Jesus and that we are citizens of Heaven. It is vital for us to stand firm on the truth that we are the chosen ones and that nobody could possibly love us more than our Jesus, who died for us while we were still sinners.

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. Romans 8:16-17

We will share in His glory. He promised! We will suffer for a little while here as we walk through this valley of the shadow of death. But we are not to fear any evil, for He is with us. His light and His presence go before us. The Good Shepherd knows our name and His rod and His staff, they lead us and comfort us. Therefore, we shall not want for anything, for as long as we seek Him first and His Kingdom, all the rest will be given to us according to His riches.

Just like I told my child, “hang on to all that is good, and remember who you are; you are a beloved of Christ,” we too need to remember that everyday, so the hurts of this life don’t overcome us.


Let us listen to the words of Jesus and find rest in Him as He tells us,

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16: 33

Listen to this great song too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.