Monday, October 28, 2013



Once again I'm hanging at the mercy of test results...well...not really...I know I am NOT, for, like the old hymn says,

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

Despite of the knowledge of His presence, however, anxiety has a hold on me.  So, in my frazzled state, this morning, as I was getting ready for my first day back to work after my surgery, my mind was playing tricks on me. I was very nervous. I kept thinking I was going to forget something or that I was not going to be able to teach my courses well. On top of that, from the back of my mind, the thoughts of upcoming test results were adding to my discombobulated state. Dylan's bus was going to be here any minute, so I decided to go wait in the car by the end of the driveway. As soon as I put the car on park to sit and wait, I turned the radio on and the sound of another song filled the air.

I can't tell you what the lyrics really said because I wasn't paying attention but to the chorus, which repeated over and over several times: "His Grace is Enough, His Grace is Enough."

It repeated enough times in a row that it actually caught my attention in a way that it made me listen and realize what the Lord was trying to tell me at that moment. In my frazzled state, He whispered, through this song, that He sees me, and that He knows what I need...and once again He reminded me a lesson He has been trying to teach me for a long while:  He's got this and He will take care of me and my loved ones no matter what.

I looked out the window and I saw Dylan's bus turning the corner into our neighborhood. We quickly got out of the car and I said my goodbyes to my young son as he hurried his little legs to the bus. I praised God for the privilege to be here for him today, and as I walked back to my car, I thanked Him for His patience and for, once again, reminding me that His Grace is, indeed, all I need.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Linking with:  Monday Musings

2 comments:

  1. A very good, transparent & honest post! Before posting a comment, I prayed for you & for your test results. Today may you know, with confidence, that you are not "hanging at the mercy of test results" but hanging on the mercy of a Savior that loves you deeply. I visited this morning from Monday Musings (yes, a day late, lol).
    Blessings,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, for visiting, but above all, thank you for your prayers. I am in desperate need for them always, but now more than ever. It is His Mercy what delivers us from our fears and from everything...may we always remember and believe it! Hugs!

      Delete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.