Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Crunch Beneath my Feet


As I walk along the streets and the sidewalks around, I hear the crunching sound of dry leaves under my shoes. The familiar sound announces maturity. As the leaves reach their peak in the fall, they crumbled and get loose from the branch. And after a graceful, spinning dance in the air, they land on the ground to meet their end.

The crunching sound beneath my feet is nothing else but the sound of the passing of time. It tells us the story of the seasons and of how soon everything will be bare. It is the sound of the inevitability of change. It is the sound of the turning of a page.

It is also the sound of surrender.  Not a helpless one for as certain as the leaves will fall, spring will come.  It is the surrender to the truth of the cycle of life.  It is surrender to the Maker who makes all things work...like a clock. This clock, however, is not on the world's terms.  It's the Divinely set clock that ticks to a different beat...a perfect one for the tune of our lives. Therefore, we surrender to it and say, "it is all in Your Hands."

Soon the sidewalks will be fully covered with nature’s shaggy rug.  Before that happens, though, it’s time to sing a new song…a song of hope and anticipation, a song of thanksgiving for all the blessings, a song of surrender, a song to sing His praises. 

For even though change is upon us, some things remain the same…and for that I praise and give thanks!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13: 8


Linking with:  More of Him and Titus 2sday

4 comments:

  1. Fall is one of the most beautiful seasons as the leaves are changing colors. I love your surrender analogy. The leaves do have to surrender to their fate and fall from the trees. It is out of their hands just as our lives are out of our hands. God controls our cycles of life and even though I sometimes get anxious about it, I know He gives far more than I could ever imagine for myself... I always leave your posts with a little more faith. You are appreciated Gisela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW...I am truly humbled to read your comment. I rejoice that the Lord speaks to you as you read my words, and that He helps you make sense of them. It is the Holy Spirit whispering to your soul, my friend. Otherwise my ramblings would be just that...a few words put together that are hard to understand : ) Big hugs!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post! I love how you share your heart and your beautiful words. They touch me and inspire me!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Julie! And for your kind words. AND for hosting the linkup! I really enjoy reading your posts and looking at your beautiful pictures.

      Delete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.