Friday, April 18, 2014



For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3: 16

The ultimate expression of love…that’s what makes today a Good Friday.

We remember what Jesus did for us, and we humbly praise Him for His sacrifice…His completely undeserving gift…

… God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5: 8

As we contemplate the cross today, let’s remember He did this for us…He did it for me…He thought of me, and you as He hung on the tree.

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

When I survey the wond'rous cross on which the Prince of Glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast, save in the death of Christ my God;
All the vain things that charm me most, I sacrifice them to His blood.

See, from His head, His hands, His feet, sorrow and love flow mingled down;
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, or thorns compose so rich a crown.

Were the whole realm of nature mine, that were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.

Demands my soul, my life, my all. Love so amazing demands my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.