Saturday, July 12, 2014

Unwind




The day my dearest friend Indira left after a wonderful and healing visit a few months ago, she left me a precious card topped with a stone that says “Unwind.” I love that stone. I love looking at it, holding it in my hands, admiring its beautiful shade of green and meditating on the meaning of the word it has engraved on.

Unwind…

According to the dictionary, to unwind may mean to free from or as if from a binding or wrapping, to uncoil, to release from tension, relax…

Yes, yes, yes…check, check, check, I surely need all of that!

How glorious the day we are free from all our bindings! Blessed be the day we uncoil from our tight winding. Praise His Name for the unfolding of His Mercies that causes us to find peace, to be released from our tensions and finally relax…

Sigh the deep sigh of relief at the sound of His voice calling you by your name, telling you, “come.”

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” 
Matthew 11: 28

Precious, divinely provided rest, the kind of rest that allows the weary to find peace like a river in the desert of this world, to refresh the soul and infuse new life…that is the rest that only Jesus can provide.

Like the calming green of my stone that reminds me to unwind, green are the pastures He leads me to so I can be released from my burdens and finally find rest.

As this world tries as hard as possible to bring us down and make us believe that it is all a lost cause, let us hang on to His promises of freedom and put our trust in Him who Redeems us. 

May we all hear His voice and follow His lead as He tells us, 

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life. Revelation 22: 17

I will treasure my friend’s gift as a beautiful reminder of Jesus’ gift…His command and promise given to us through Paul,

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.