Thursday, February 26, 2015

He Will Never Leave Us



Today I cling to His promise that He will never leave me…that He will never forsake me…

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. 
 Deuteronomy 31: 6

This piece of Scripture has carried me through every bit of difficulty I have ever experienced in my years since I first became acquainted with it. I love the fact that if you look at the Biblical reference, the combination of numbers reminds us of another crucial piece of Scripture. I love the fact that this assurance given to the Israelite people directly from God through Moses is also given to us, their spiritual descendants through the Apostle of the gentiles, our dear friend Paul. I love its rhythmical strength. I love the way it comforts me.

I love every phrase in this verse:

Be strong and courageous, a command to us who find strength in Him, and Him alone.

Do not be afraid or terrified because of them…another command to remind us to get a grip. The world is a terrifying place full of terrifying people, but we must not let them get to us. In the midst of the chaos of our society and everyday lives, we need to stand firm, continue our work for the Kingdom and not be paralyzed by our fear.

For the LORD your God goes with you…the promise…the magnificent promise upon which the commands are sustained. He goes with me! The thought is too big for my brain to fully comprehend. How can it be? How can the God who made the Universe and everything in it be with me? How can it be not only that, but, as if such promise weren’t enough, He expands it and assures us also that…

He will never leave you nor forsake you…the promise goes beyond as it establishes the constancy of His presence. How can it be?

It can all be in Jesus Christ and in the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

I cling to His Faithfulness as He abides in us regardless of time, situation or space. He defies it all as He stays and refuses to abandon us.

Praise You and thank You, LORD for Your Word that connects us to your ever presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.