Monday, February 23, 2015

Today I Cling to the Fact that He Knows



Jeremy Camp is one of my favorite contemporary Christian artists. My sons and I had the privilege of seeing him in concert a few weeks ago at the Winter Jam in Pittsburgh along with about 9 other great groups, but I have to say that Camp’s performance and words captured me the most. His new song, “He Knows” really speaks to me because it reminds me that, indeed, Our Great God knows…nothing surprises Him. He is in control and He knows our hurt… He knows how to take care of it, and how to make it better.

Today I cling to that truth…to the truth that He Knows!

If there is someone who knows it is Him. He is the God with us who knows what suffering means. He carried our cross, walked our way to Calvary and let Himself be hammered with our nails.

Our misery and our tears are recorded in His Book (Psalm 56: 8) and one day, one glorious day, He will wipe them all off…no more brokenness.

Jeremy Camp reminds us of God’s promises when he sings:

every time that you feel forsaken
every time that you feel alone
He is near to the broken hearted
every tear
He knows…

Therefore, we hang on to the fact that He knows and that He cares for us. He brings us comfort for no one is like Our God!

Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens,
You who have done great things.
Who is like you, God?
Though you have made me see troubles,
many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
You will again bring me up.
You will increase my honor
and comfort me once more. 
Psalm 71: 19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.