Monday, May 18, 2015

A Glimpse of Heaven


I am a summer girl…no doubt about it.  At the first sign of warm weather, my spirit seems to wake up and fill with life again!  I don’t even turn the air conditioning on much at all.  I just open up windows throughout the house, enjoy the heat and the breeze…close my eyes, and pretend I’m at the beach.  One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to go outside, sit on my deck (that’s why I would love to have new patio furniture…I had to add this line just in case my husband reads this post J ) and take in the sounds, the smells and the feelings of summer.    

After a harsh winter that seemed to never end, we have been blessed with a warm spring, so, after my daily dose of allergy medicine, I am able to step outside my back door into what feels to me like a glimpse of Heaven.

According to the Bible, Heaven is pure perfection because it is the dwelling site of the Most High.  Heaven is the place where Jesus stands as our Judge and Advocate (Acts 7: 56).  Heaven is the place of eternal worship of God (Revelation 4: 11).  Heaven is Paradise (Luke 23: 43, 2 Corinthians 12: 1-4).  Heaven is the place of no more pain, no more tears and no more fear (Revelation 21: 1-4).  Then, to me, Heaven is also a permanent 75-degree, low humidity, sunny day for all eternity!

That’s why, like a friend not too far from here posted a few weekends ago while doing her devotions outdoors, I’m “loving life on the deck. God has been incredibly good to us.” Being able to enjoy life on the deck is, indeed, a sample of the riches that God so lavishly showers us with.  As we walk through the rocky roads of life, enduring rough winds, steep mountains, rain pelting down, scorching sun or unbearable snow, we get to a point where Our Loving God sets us under His wings and like a huge umbrella, in His shadow we can recover our strength, enjoy the warmth, the breeze, the sunshine and safely breathe again.  That’s what a moment on a deck represents to me…a moment of respite when I can cast my worries onto Him and enjoy the glimpse…


I pray the Lord will continue to bless us with sunny-warm days and that we may praise Him for His Love and for the promise of Heaven while still walking on this Earth…in all kinds of weather…

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.