Saturday, May 23, 2015

Trust Him!

This photo comes from To Save a Life.com a website/movies about culture and society issues, especially focused on people who are hurting.  I'm not very familiar with its content but this particular post spoke VOLUMES to me.

Sweaty palms,
chills down my spine,
anxiety creeps in...
I hear the distant whisper…”trust me.”
The whole world seems to fall apart.
Pieces of a life
I long ago believed had been set in stone...
permanently...
now crumble all around me
and I don’t know what to do.
The glue that could hold it together has gone missing,
while the walls I thought were solid
are now disintegrating.
The whispering persists… “trust in Me.

I sit alone in a corner
knees tightly wrapped around my arms.
I’m so scared
Even the tears are afraid.

Through the cracks a gentle breeze breaks in
I hear a voice in the distance… “Why won’t you believe Me?”


The phone, the mail, an opening door,
it all causes me to tremble.
For I’m terrified of what may be on the other side...
waiting…
I close my eyes and hold my breath…not knowing what to do…
I AM here with you…”

…remember what I’ve said:”


“…blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17: 7


It’s not going to be easy
It’s not going to be smooth
But I promise,
I will be with you.


"When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."  Isaiah 43: 2


Please keep reminding me
Increase my faith, and
Keep filling my heart with praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.