Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Love is...a son...



For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3: 16

This beloved verse became alive, truly alive in me thirteen years ago, when my son Grant was born. After years of dealing with the deep heartache of infertility, God granted us a son. The sparks of magic and the pure joy of holding him in my arms for the very first time has yet to be surpassed by any other experience I have had so far. A son was born to us a day like today and our lives have never been the same.

I didn’t know that I could love this way…it is beyond compare…and to think that God gave His One and Only Son away, to be sacrificed for those He calls His own…it is completely unfathomable. Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! (Romans 11: 13)

I can’t express the emotions in my heart when I look at my very special young man…I worry night and day about his life. I carry thoughts of him in my mind at all times. I look at the world that he will inherit and I shudder. I despair when I contemplate what may be ahead for his life. But then I remember that if Our Heavenly Father considered it important for Grant to be here against all odds, He must have a plan for him…and we know His plans are always perfect. So, even though I don’t know what the future holds for him, I trust the One who holds the future, and I know that the Son of the Most High holds my son by the hand.

Today I just want to breathe in the love that is to have a son…and praise Our Lord for his life so far. Let’s continue the adventure call trusting God and have some cheesecake in the meantime.

Happy Birthday Grant!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you 100% on that, there is nothing that compares to that feeling. Oh yeah, I am all in on the cheesecake too :)

    ReplyDelete

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.