Monday, January 2, 2017

The Only Thing


“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. (Luke 10: 41-42)

The New Year is here...and with it, a long to-do list unfolds as well.  From laundry and cleaning, to grocery shopping and cooking, preparing for class, getting the kids ready for back-to-school and everything in between...the tasks pile up faster than I can sort them...and stress mounts higher than I can bear it. 

But then, the Good Shepherd calls my name and reminds me that all the frantic fretting this world brings amounts to nothing at the end, for the only thing that truly matters is Him...peace is found in His presence.

My devotional reading reminded me of that...it reminded me of the constant need to go to Him and seek His presence above all else.  Rather than allowing my thoughts to jump all over the place, from problem to problem, from task to task, I need to re-direct them to His face!

We are not to skimp on our time with Christ.  Instead, we need to resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done and choose the only one that is needed: Him!

I want to have a heart like Mary´s as I live in Martha´s world.  

May the strength of the Holy Spirit dwelling in me keep my eyes focused and my thoughts under control so I can learn how to seek the only One that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.