Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Hanging On to Peace



It's only January 2nd and I already feel my resolve to allow the peace of Christ to flow through me faltering. 

This is the first day back to school and to some semblance of a routine.  Therefore, I'm back to feeling overwhelmed by all the tasks once again. 

On top of that, I am experiencing the burden of brokenness fall on my shoulders...there are branches of my family tree which have been broken for a long time, and today as I see them scattered on the ground, my heart aches as the pain of fracture becomes acute in my heart one more time.  There's not much I can do about the situation, but I can't shake off the sense of guilt..."shaking it off" is not as easy as Taylor Swift makes it sound...

Sigh...

Today, I need to hang on to the Peace that surpasses all understanding more than ever to avoid falling into the pit of despair...I need to hold that Light of Christmas high to keep from surrendering to the darkness...

Today, I need to find the time to relax in His presence to receive the healing power of the Spirit in my heart and soul.

The enemy plays on my weaknesses, which are many...but today, I must stand firm on my faith and rebuke him so he'd flee!

Today, I renew my desire to let His peace flow through and through in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.