Monday, January 1, 2018

May the Peace of Christ Flow in Us This New Year!

See the source image

As unbelievable as it may seem, today is the first day of 2018...WOW...just,WOW!  I have no clue where 2017 went, but we have no other choice than to go with the flow of time and pray we don't drown in the current.

It has become my personal tradition to start the new year with a word that would bring guidance and focus to my days in the adventure that is ahead.  My word for 2018 is Peace.

But...how do I achieve that peace?  How do I grasp it? How do I make it stay in my heart? How do I allow it to take over my fears and worries?

I was "chatting" with my sister and niece yesterday about "my word" for 2018, and a very interesting conversation about accepting the flow of life came about.  My sister told us how, in an informal gathering with her bosses at work, the three of them discussed the fact that stress overcomes them because of their lack of acceptance of the natural flow of things as they refuse to place their trust in God, the Great Designer of all that surrounds us.  Then, I got a visually stunning short video from a friend who was wishing me the perfect "flow" for 2018.  Thus the idea of combining the thoughts of Peace and flow emerged...Later, I read the devotional entry for December 31st in my little book, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young, and it said:

"As this year draws to a close, receive My Peace.  This is still your deepest need, and I, your Prince of Peace, long to pour Myself into your neediness.  My abundance and your emptiness are a perfect match.  I created you as a jar of clay, set apart for sacred use.  I want you to be filled with My very Being, permeated through and through with Peace.  Thank Me for My peaceful Presence, regardless of your feelings.  My Peace, which lives continually in your spirit, will gradually work its way through your entire being."

Answers began to flow:

There is only One way to peace...

Jesus.

He is the One and Only who can make peace flow through our entire beings, through and through, because He is the foretold Prince of Peace of Isaiah 9:6.  He is the One who gives us the peace that surpasses all understanding as Paul told us in Philippians 4: 7.  He is the One who offers it to us as His great gift of mercy:

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 14: 27

He is the One who offers peace to us as His greeting, and He is the Only One who can make it flow like a river because Peace is He.

Therefore, my "word" for 2018 became a prayer:  
May the Peace of Christ Flow!



Happy New Year to all, and to all the Peace that Flows!


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.