Thursday, September 20, 2018

Fully Known and Fully Loved

Have you ever looked back on your life and seen nothing but poor choices and piles of regret?  I try not to do that.  Sometimes, however, it's hard for me not to be crushed by my bad decisions and mistakes.  On those days, I truly feel like a reject.  My inadequacies and insecurities cover me like a blanket of darkness and the weight of my guilt barely lets me take the next step.

Today, I have realized what a huge waste of time that is.  Those moments in which I have allowed myself to be smashed under my own stupidity are nothing but moments I have surrendered to the enemy.

I cannot continue to let my precious time go down the drains dug by the schemes of the devil!  I must stop giving him the control that belongs only to the Holy Spirit.  I must stop allowing him to usurp the place that belongs only to Christ!  The father of lies must not take what belongs only to my Heavenly Father!

This life is not meant to be lived by our own power.  We can't go through the hardship of the everyday grind without God.  The enemy knows that.  And he exploits it to his advantage.  He makes us believe that we are not worthy of God's love.  He deceives us into thinking that no one who knows us could love us...because there is nothing worth loving in us.  The way the enemy tricks us into believing this is by igniting our insecurities and by reminding us of our past missteps. 

The truth will set us free (John 8: 32), however!  And the truth is that Truth is a Person.  He lives in us.  And He reminds us of His presence whenever we need it if we pay attention.  Like today, as I was running some errands, feeling the familiar wave of inadequacy begin to stir in my heart, a song popped on the radio...a gentle, beautiful tune sang by Tauren Wells, with much inspired words.  The line that injected truth into my veins was:  "I'm fully known and loved by You."

WOW...

I mean, really...let's read that again:  "I'm fully known and loved by You."

This verse reminds me of one of my favorite Psalms:  139.  In this precious piece of Scripture, God reminds us of the most basic truth:  He knows us intimately, better than anyone else for He created our inmost being...and, nevertheless, He loves us still for He just can't help it...I was created to be His...to be the object of His affection...to be His masterpiece!

How quickly I forget the truth.  That is why I must always remain in His Word.  That is the only way to be near Him...that is the only way I would be able to only listen to His voice and block all the lies of the enemy.

Have you ever looked back on your life and see nothing but poor choices and piles of regret? 
Remember, the antidote for this venom is God's Word.  Next time this happens, pick up your Bible and read Psalm 139.  It will remind you that no matter what, you are "fearfully and wonderfully made!"  And that you are "fully known and loved by Him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.