Tuesday, September 18, 2018

His Work of Art

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us,who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8: 31-32

What a magnificent promise!   "If God is for us, who can be against us?"  WOW!  What can anyone say to this, but Praised be the Name of The Lord!

But...how much do I truly believe it?  How much do I accept this words as truth in my own life?

Sigh...

Why would God be "for me"?  I mean...me?  Really? Does this promise really include me too?

I am no good.  I forget.  I walk on the wide road way too often.  I ignore.  I gossip.  I doubt.  I lack faith.

I read in Jon Courson's Commentary, something that made me pause, while considering this verses: "God views His people very highly and loves His people very deeply.  Why?  Because He already sees the end product.  We're already glorified in His eyes."

WOW...

I never thought of it this way.  He can see what I am supposed to become because for God, my future is His past.  From His point of view, He sees all of me, not just who I am today, but who I am meant to be.  Gosh...wouldn't that be nice?  I would love to be able to see into my future and realize that everything worked out well.  

The funny thing is, however, that, in a way, I can, indeed, see into the future!  I have God's word telling me that everything already IS OK...more than, OK, actually.  We are victorious!  "...we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8: 28  And "we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans." 8: 37

We see a glimpse of what God sees by reading His word!  He loves me.  He made me.  He knows me.  He holds me in His arms as He is molding me into His work of art!

And nothing will change that, for

I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8: 38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.