Wednesday, August 8, 2012

His Unfailing Love



As the day draws to a close in the midst of a thunderstorm, my heart tunes into the unfailing love of our Great God.  My heart is filled with gratitude for the wonderful provision the Lord has given to me and my family during this time in which we are facing one of life’s famous detours.  The favor of His Mighty Hand has been great and my soul wants to sing.  My soul and my heart want to sing praises to the God of infinite grace and unfailing love as Moses and the Israelites did in Exodus, chapter 15, verse 13

In your unfailing love you will lead
the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you will guide them
to your holy dwelling. Exodus 15: 13 (NIV)


That is who we are today.  We, as the spiritual heirs of the chosen people of God, are the “redeemed” whom The Most High loves unconditionally.  And as He loves us as His adopted children, he guides us to where He dwells in all His glory.  What a marvelous image.   And it is a personal story too, for just as He loves all He loves you and me individually. 

He’s always known us, you and me as He tells us,

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)


He is more than our Father, He is our Creator,


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Psalm 139: 13-14 (NIV)


What a wonderful reminder for the weary soul.  What miraculous hope for those who feel at the end of their rope.  What a glimmer of hope for those who feel alone.  Regardless of all our faults, His love never ends and never fails…


For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love. Ephesians 1: 4 (NIV)



Let’s take courage in his love and rejoice in His salvation.  May your face shine in me, your servant even as I drag through the dark valley, for it is You who hold my hand and lead me to the safety of your dwelling, to the safety of your arms.

Linking with Walk with Him Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.