Tuesday, August 7, 2012

He Knows Our Name


“Mama, Mama, I’m Peter Parker!” My little boy said to me as he “flew” downstairs wearing his favorite super hero costume under a long-sleeve shirt.   I watched him from my desk as he opened up his shirt to let Spidy’s logo show.  Then, he climbed on the couch and attempted to walk on the wall.  I saw him try a few times before he quit and dragged himself back upstairs looking somber.  “I am not Peter Parker…I’m just Dylan…” He said with the saddest look I’ve ever seen on his little face. 

I hugged him tightly and whispered in his ear:  “Yes, you are Dylan.  You are my Dylan, and I praise God for that.”

He let go of me and went to his bedroom.  A few minutes later, he walked out wearing shorts and a T-shirt.  He went downstairs again and began to play with his toys as I watched him from my desk with a smile in my soul and a tickle in my heart.  

 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. Psalm 91: 14

I'm linking with Just Write  Check it out : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.