Friday, September 14, 2012

Blessed is the Nation Whose God is The Lord!

After spending a week consumed by the international turmoil which has added so much tragedy, fear and worry to our already deeply troubled nation; I have decided to obey the nudging of the Holy Spirit and begin a series of blog entries dedicated to praying for our beloved country.

My heart sinks heavily in my chest and for that I seek to see the light of hope that only the Lord can provide. The world seems to be on fire and the USA is under siege; what is there for us to do? Unequivocally, the answer comes back: pray. I will pray His Word back to Him and trust in His perfect will for the future of those who He has given me and for all who bear His name.

I lift up our beloved nation to You, Lord. I pray that we would become, once again, a nation whose citizens seek Your face, Your presence and Your Holiness because we know that,

Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance. Psalm 33: 12

You, Dear Lord, look down from Heaven and watch over us. And until the day of Your deliverance,


We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33: 20-22


Even in our times of concern and sorrow, we put our trust in You, for You are the Only One Mighty to Save! May your Morning Star shine brightly in the dawn of this new day so we can see the way that will lead us back to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.