Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Do You Remember?


Do You Remember?
Some people are able to remember exactly what they were doing the day President Kennedy died. Some others remember what they were doing when they heard WWII was finally over.  I remember what I was doing when the attacks of September 11, 2001 happened.  

I remember the confusion.  I remember the shock of the realization of what had just happened.  I remember the fear.  

I had life inside of me.  I was 10 weeks pregnant and I remember wondering what kind of world my child was going to be called to live in.  I remember wondering if I'd be able to protect him from the pain that was ahead.  

I remember the bluest of skies up above.  Not a cloud in sight...not a jet stream crossing the horizon...nothing...and then I remember that there was hope.  There was hope in the shape of a cross, a rugged cross...a metal cross that emerged out of the rubble.  The hurt and the sense of loss eased by two pieces of charred beams that reminded us of the most perfect sacrifice of love...Jesus on the cross.

Christ is our only source of Hope and our Sure Foundation.  He is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  
Do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you! Let me know what you think.